Noticias:

Nuebo colaborador para la seccion de Noticias Fréscas. ¡Bienbenido Charlosp!

Menú Principal

The English thread

Iniciado por Divarascka, 17 de Noviembre de 2010, 01:13

0 Miembros y 1 Visitante están viendo este tema.

Mr Winters

Bill, just a thing: "actually" is a false friend: it doesn't mean "actualmente" (which would be translated as "currently"), it means "de hecho" or "realmente".

Bill

Cita de: Mr Winters en 05 de Noviembre de 2012, 15:40
Bill, just a thing: "actually" is a false friend: it doesn't mean "actualmente" (which would be translated as "currently"), it means "de hecho" or "realmente".

Damn Love Actually :(

Idunne

Cita de: Bill en 05 de Noviembre de 2012, 13:30
To add the immediate future form to the present continuous you need to add the "action"

Or just the when. That is, it is possible to say "I'm fucking you in the anus tomorrow". Not normal (maybe even a little "slangy"), but used, specially in nowadays speech, and that would not mean "I have already started , but I will continue tomorrow", but "Tomorrow, at some point of the day, I will be doing it, definitely". The thing is that, as Vande posted, it has to be kind of arranged. And it is definitely much more part of American dialect than British one.

(It is a) Good thing they don't have a regulating linguistic academy as Spanish does, and instead they work on corpora in order to analyze English as a whole, so it evolves unrestricted. :gñe:

Jessi

Cita de: Bill en 05 de Noviembre de 2012, 13:30

To add the inmediate

Immediate, immigrant, immerse, immature, etc. The prefix is correct, but it undergoes a process of assimilation, thus the same morpheme ends up being represented by a different morph (allomorphy: different realizations of the same morpheme).

Idunne halfninja  :laugh:

Mr Winters

Philology squad to the rescue :lol:

Calabria

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Idunne

For some reason in my head it sounded with a "NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA ENGLIIIIISH" as background music  :lol:

Khram Cuervo Errante

Well, it is a well-proved fact that when you read or hear about any squad in English, automatically the 60's TV show penetrates your hippothalamic networks and stimulates your neocortex, inducing a hearing-like stimulus that goes "nananananananana". The thing after the last na is indifferent.

Jessi

Minerva

Sorry, I can't remember how long was the downloading process.

Teacher, teacher, teacher, should i memorized (or whatever) my table of irregular verbs from wednesday? Maybe I'm going to buy some wine tomorrow if you said "No, it is't" *.* (Anyway, you can answer by pm)

Últimos mensajes

Gran Guía de los Usuarios de 106 de M.Rajoy
[Ayer a las 07:20]

Adivina la película de M.Rajoy
[Ayer a las 07:04]

Felicidades de M.Rajoy
[15 de Abril de 2024, 13:54]

Marvel Cinematic Universe de M.Rajoy
[15 de Abril de 2024, 08:52]

Dos balas, una vida de Mskina
[21 de Marzo de 2024, 15:12]